See Also : DesignbyShakti.com

Downright Fiction E-Magazine is a platform that encourages independent thinking and creative expression. The website aims to bring together all things related fiction, un-fiction and music for our readers as well as our writers. You will also find Tips & resources for writers, and downloads & interviews for music lovers.

Living with a Legend : Excerpt : Fans




Living with a Legend
By Leslie Stern

Chapter Five : Fans (An Excerpt)

There are many stories of Iwao’s fans. One of my personal favorites because it cut me down to my knees with its honesty, was a young man who went to Iwao’s signing in Dallas. He stood in line and waited his turn to speak with his idol. When he reached Iwao, He shook his hand and thanked him.

“For what, young man?” Iwao asked.

“You saved my life.” Iwao was told.

“How did I do that?” Iwao replied. He looked the young man directly in the eyes as though he was the only person in the room.

“When I was younger, I almost committed suicide. Scooby’s humor and love kept me from going through with it,” the young man explained.

“I’m just glad I was there for you. Are you okay now?” Iwao replied with great concern.

“I will be.” The young man shook Iwao’s hand, which Iwao covered with his left, and smiled.

The hearts that Iwao’s work touched were so many and of all ages. I never realized until this boy in Dallas, that it was to such a dramatic degree. From my experiences with friends and visitors to my house, I have seen the love and admiration on the faces of everyone who sees his work on my walls but I never dreamed the depth of his influence was so great.


_______________________________________________

Leslie Stern is a freelance writer and writing coach. Leslie wrote her first short story when she was ten years old and has never stopped writing. She owes her passion and work ethic to her family : Her step-father was world-renowned animation genius Iwao Takamoto, whom her mother married when Leslie was five years old. Leslie's personal stories about Iwao is called Living with a Legend and will be releasing soon.

Leslie is a member of several writers groups including Writer's Guild of America, Atlanta Writer's Club, and Zona Rosa. Find out more at www.leslieestern.com
_______________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment

Test